Friday, February 24, 2012

It’s a brand new day

It’s the end of the day and I’m thinking about how many brands I’ve been exposed to today. More than I can remember, that’s for certain. In fact, as I strive to recall any, I’m coming up mostly blank.

Interesting.

I spent the morning packing for a trip. Some of my clothes, including an Adidas long sleeve t-shirt, went into a bag with the swoosh on the side.

We drove without stopping. I saw many banks, gas stations and convenience stores on street corners. I know I saw a Dillard’s, Macy’s and Nordstrom at a large mall. Beyond them, none of the names really sunk in. We passed big rigs with brands on the trailers, but I didn’t give them much notice.

My friend, who was driving, mentioned that our destination was just past a very large IKEA store. It was large, so that image is imprinted in my memory.

After arriving, we made a quick trip to a nearby Kroger to pick up some beer. We chose Modello’s Especial Cerveza. We also purchased On the Border salsa, tortilla chips and a breakfast cinnamon cake.

On the way to American Airlines Center for the Dallas Stars game, I had my first burger, fries and shake at In and Out. I understand this is a very popular fast food restaurant. Everything was just okay in mind opinion.

At the arena, practically every surface had a logo on it. I don’t remember any. I’m serious.

Taco Bueno is at the top of the recall scale because of a third period promotion at the Dallas Stars game. If the Stars scored, all fans would receive a coupon for a free taco. With one minute left it didn’t look promising, but then the Stars gained possession and Tom Wandell scored his second goal of the night with 53 seconds left. Free taco!

So that promotion paid off for Taco Bueno.

I’ll chalk up my poor recall to selective perception. And I’ll chalk this rather lousy unscientific brand recall test result on my driveway. It will only take a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment