Friday, May 4, 2012

Branding at the speed limit

A while back I wrote a post about the countless number of brands we are exposed to every day. The thought occurred to me as I was driving on the interstate that at that particular moment, I was being bombarded with scores of brand messages. What troubled me was how until that instance of clarity, I was blissfully and completely unaware.

Tomorrow I will be taking that same route north but for a shorter distance of 75 miles. Will history repeat itself?

No, because I’m planning to make a conscious effort to absorb some of these brand messages and analyze my reactions to them.

First, I will make a macro observation: what is the environment like where the brands are competing for my attention.

Next, I will hone in on specific brands that capture my eye and I’ll quickly assess why I think they were successful.

I’ll be forced to make quick judgments since I’ll be driving through the area at 60 MPH or faster.

It’s not speed dating, but for a branding and communications guy, it should be interesting to see if I pick up any positive vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment