Friday, October 7, 2011

For the love of sports and fitness

It can be said sports and fitness are important parts of my life. I play softball and tennis, and lift weights, do stomach crunches and stretch to keep fit. 

Check out my schedule this week (Mon., Oct.3 – Sun., Oct. 9):

Monday, October 3
Weightlifting, stomach crunches and stretching
Both ALDS baseball games
Monday Night Football

Tuesday, October 4
Both ALDS* and NLDS baseball games
*The Texas Rangers eliminated the Tampa Bay Rays; it’s on to the ALCS…woot!

Wednesday, October 5
Weightlifting, stomach crunches and stretching
Both NLDS baseball games

Thursday, October 6
Slow pitch softball, first game of the fall season (which caused me to miss the Tigers victory over the dreaded Yankees)

Friday, October 7
90 minute tennis cardio workout at 8:00 a.m.. Oh the burn in my thighs, calves. & lungs. So sweet.

Friday evening on television, it’s

  • Game 5 of the NLDS between Arizona and Milwaukee
  • Game 1 of the Dallas Stars season
  • Game 5 of the NLDS between St. Louis and Philadelphia

Saturday, October 8
I’ll watch college football starting with the Red River Rivalry at 11:00 a.m. followed by an even bigger game between the Buffalo Bulls and my beloved Ohio Bobcats. Unfortunately that HUGE gridiron clash won’t be televised in the Austin Texas market (I know, go figure), so I’ll use ESPN gamecast on my mobile to keep track. The Kansas vs. Oklahoma State game (2:30 p.m. start) will likely be carried locally. The hallmark game of the evening is probably Auburn at Arkansas.

I’ll undoubtedly have the remote in hand because game 1 of the ALCS between Detroit and Texas starts in the 7 o’clock hour.

Between games or at halftime, I’ll squeeze in a weightlifting and stretching workout.

Sunday, October 9
I have a USTA doubles match at 1 p.m. After I shower, the TV will be on for the 3:00 pm. NFL football games. In the evening, I’ll be toggling between Sunday Night Football and game 2 of the ALCS between Detroit and Texas.

Yes, I love to keep fit and I love to compete and watch others compete at the highest levels of their respective sports. Autumn presents plenty of opportunities to do it all. I’m a happy and healthy fellow.

Hey! Where’s my wife?

No comments:

Post a Comment