Friday, October 21, 2011

This letter covers it

Dear Mr. Y,

I learned through JF that you are seeking an individual to handle a variety of marketing communications (marcom) programs with a near-term focus on collateral, online content and social media. Over the past 15 years, I served in various marcom roles for SCI and two hi-tech firms. During this time, I managed and contributed to just about every type of marcom program imaginable.

I will bring all of this experience to bear on programs designed to position GES as an innovator and leader. I possess a keen mind and exceptional listening skills. I learn quickly through inquisitiveness, immersion, intuition, initiative and interaction. As a result, I become very adept at understanding my company, its products and services, competitive differentiators, benefits and the markets it serves.

An asset you will find very valuable is my ability to write crisp, concise and compelling copy that effectively communicates the desired message for a variety of media, from the web to social to sales communications to product collateral. I also possess a creative mind and revel in the ideation process. These skills are beneficial in developing the value proposition, key messages and supporting content.

Marcom managers wear many hats and must be as flexible as a contortionist. I am a thinker, researcher, planner, communicator, project manager, production manager, copywriter, editor, videographer, publicist, event planner, content manager and so much more. If variety is the spice of life, marcom managers are the entire rack. I bring the flava!

I offer all this, a sense of humor, personal integrity and a commitment to excellence to GES. I hope you agree this is worth a personal meeting to determine if we are a good fit. I will contact JT to get the process started. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Brian Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment