Friday, October 14, 2011

I can persuade that reader in 140 characters or less

Twitter rocks. I love the application because of its character limit. Writers typically rue boundaries. Limitations constrict creativity. I disagree. Limits ignite creativity. One must really think about how to precisely craft a message so it communicates crisply and with clarity…in 140 characters or less.

I say bring it on. I embrace the challenge of conveying an idea or message in as few words as possible.

Slogans are a personal fave. As a rule they must be brief. And memorable. Most importantly, they must connect with the product or service value or benefit. Authenticity is an absolute.

Headlines jazz me, too. I love writing them. I put a lot of thought into the words I choose. I want the reader to be reeled in, to mentally think “What the heck?” or “That sounds interesting. I have to read this blog, ad, or story.”

Check out my the other posts in this blog. See if you don’t agree that I have a knack for conveying a clever and compelling message via my headlines. Then check my Twitter account. Go back several weeks and you’ll find plenty of creative tweets promoting a new post for my Something 2 Ad blog. Are my headlines and tweets persuasive? Tell me what you think.

Creative Writer for Hire
Big on ideas, strong on content and driven by results. That’s me. I’m an excellent writer and editor for print, digital and social media (including blogs). I possess an uncompromising passion for accuracy and pay acute attention to detail. Any subject matter will do. I learn quickly through inquisitiveness, immersion, intuition, initiative and interaction. I write crisp, concise and compelling copy that effectively communicates the desired message and delivers the intended response. To inquire, briantbeasley@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment