Thursday, April 5, 2012

Can I pique your Pinterest?

I participated in a Pinterest workshop today.

Really? Pinterest for a writer? I know,  I haven’t quite come to grips with the concept myself.

Pinterest iconHow does a writer leverage Pinterest to express himself and his craft? Pinterest is all about images that tell stories. I’m all about written stories that might be augmented by a few images.

Still, I’m a visual guy, so I decided to give it a try.

Today,  I learned many of the fundamentals for beginners.  I now have an account. I am following a handful of other Pinterest members, and I set up some boards.

Image is everything

But now I’m stuck. What do I add to the boards? I can’t write a poem and publish it on a board. I apparently have to seek out images that captivate me and pin them to the appropriate board. I am then permitted to pen a few words about the image.

A few words? This could be a more significant challenge than writing a headline, subject line or tweet.

Is this writer a glutton for punishment? Perhaps, but I have no one to blame but myself. You see, I decided on the topic and found the Pinterest expert. Was it weird that I was the only male in the room?

No comments:

Post a Comment