Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A slow news day? There isn’t an app for that

I spend a fair amount of time each day on the web reading content on news portals, publications, blogs and discussion groups. I scan social media feeds multiple times a day seeking something interesting to read. Oftentimes, an article, editorial, blog post or discussion will inspire me or spark on idea that leads to a blog post.

That didn’t happen today.

I don’t know if that says something about the content or something about me. Probably both. It clearly exposes the fact that I don’t adhere tightly to an editorial calendar to drive this blog. My posts tend to be spontaneous.

There’s still plenty of buzz around “The Acquisition” yesterday. I guess I could add my voice to the noise. The price tag alone delivered caused a webquake. I’ve a bit of Facebook Fatigue though, and frankly, I didn’t know a thing about Instagram until the announcement (cut me some slack, I’m a writer).

Actually, my Instagram ignorance has more to do with the fact that I’m not much of an apps guy. I don’t scour the Android market for productivity, finance, entertainment, business or communication apps for my HTC Incredible smartphone. I do have a few of the popular apps, but put a big bold accent mark on few. I pay a visit to Google Play a couple of times a month just to see what’s trending. On occasion, I’ll download something to trial.

Maybe if I had a tablet my “apptitude” would change. That wouldn’t alter the fact that I didn’t find anything interesting to share with you today.

Or did I?

No comments:

Post a Comment